By Master Stylist Vicki Ogden-O’Fee
Threading is a method of hair removal originating in Asia. In more recent times it has gained popularity in Western countries, especially with a cosmetic application (particularly for removing/shaping eyebrows).
Threading allows for a more defined and precise shape and can create a better definition for eyebrows. When teamed with henna brow tinting the results are amazing.
It is also used as a method of removing unwanted hair on the entire face and upper lip area. Threading is not a good method for removing hair on arms or legs, as the hair in those regions is typically quite coarse and there is too much to remove. Our therapists are specialists in threading. It’s very important to know the facial hair growth pattern to optimise results with your facial threading service. As woman we often can have unwanted facial hair, this is usually hormone related and can be from puberty, bearing children, hormone imbalance and menopause. Whatever the reason it is nice to have these unwanted hairs removed. It makes us feel better about ourselves and more confident.
Our therapists analyse the hair growth pattern to achieve optimal results for you the client.
Threading is a preferred hair removal technique for a number of reasons:
- Threading is safe. It will not harm the skin like wax and some depilatory creams can, because the top layer of the skin is not peeled or traumatised, and it does not use potentially harmful chemicals or heat. It is an alternative for people with sensitive skin or those who suffer from acne.
- Threading just pulls the hair, unlike waxing which pulls the skin, over time waxing causes the skin loosens and develop premature wrinkles.
- Threading is suitable for removing fine as well as coarse, long as well as very short hair, which definitely gives it an edge over many methods of hair removal.
- Unlike tweezing, threading removes one clean line of hair all at once, making it much quicker and easier to shape the brows.
- Both men and women can have brow threading and shaping. Facial threading isn’t usually recommended on male facial hair as it is too coarse in texture.
Men also have threading done to eliminate unwanted hair from the brow.
- Threading can be used to eliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow.
- Irritation, skin rashes or excessive redness are avoided with threading, however, the skin may get slightly reddish for a few minutes.
- Threading is much kinder to the skin and is considerably less painful than other methods of hair removal.
- Threading lifts the hair from the follicle, therefore if it is done on a regular basis, it weakens the hair follicle so hair growth becomes less dense over time, and new hair will grow finer and sparser.
- Re-growth is between 2-4 weeks, depending on hair growth. This makes threading the most effective method of hair removal on the face for everyone. If you are looking for the best results, you need to consider threading. It is known to be a wonderful option for formal events, such as weddings or simply as an addition to a regular beauty regime.
Threading is very popular for all unwanted facial hair.
- As with any beauty service, it is important to look after your skin. Regular facials will help relieve your face and décolletage of unwanted dry and dead skin cells.
- Staying hydrated is always important, as plump hydrated skin accepts beauty products and services better. Threading glides over the skin on plump fresh skin.
I have been personally having threading for many years now. The service is quick efficient and very effective. Threading can be done while you are having other services done such as hair colouring, lash tinting, brow tinting, leg and brazilian waxing.
Threading helps reduce the new hair growth an over time many clients find they need to visit less often as the hair growth reduces.
As always if you would like more information or an individual complimentary consultation please book in with one of our experienced beauty therapists.
Vicki Ogden-O’Fee has been having threading for years with great results.
Follow our facebook page to find out about our discounts and special offers.