At V for Hair and Beauty Merivale we use and recommend only the best spray tans,
Bondi Sands and St Tropez.
Bondi Sands Spray Tan
Bondi Sands, a one-time application with latest technology range that dries in moments and develops quickly to reveal a rich, natural looking tan. Our salon formula is enriched with Aloe Vera to keep your skin soft, smooth and infused with the scent of fresh coconut to keep it smelling delicious.
St Tropez Spray Tan
St Tropez is one of the leading tanning brands in the world and V for Hair and Beauty are proud to offer this in the salon for spray tanning and after home care. Premium flawless tan every time.
Be a beautiful bronzed goddess all year round
At V for Hair and Beauty Merivale, we have a purpose-built spray tanning room. Our premium service, surroundings and hygiene standards set us apart from others in the industry. We use only the best tanning products, it’s not a case of one tan suits all so we will consult with you to meet your tan desires.
Let us make you a beautiful bronzed goddess all year round, who wouldn’t want to look radiant, confident and stunning, after all at V For Hair and Beauty Merivale We don’t just do hair “We do beautiful”.
Things You Absolutely Need to Know Before Getting a Spray Tan
- Spray tans last about a week, give or take. Some people get really longevity out of a tan, but they really look after it as well!
- Shower and exfoliate well before your spray tan. This is the key to a good long-lasting tan.
- The colour won’t just wash off, for best long lasting results we advise that you follow the specifications of your tan and you can sleep with your tan on before showering, this gives your spray tan optimum time to develop a natural glowing bronzed tan. There will be some tanning dye guide residue left on your bedding, but this washes away with normal washing powder.
- Apply lotion every day to keep your skin well moisturised, we suggest a pigmented body lotion or tan extender or topping up your tan with a tanning mousse.
- The tint of the tan when it first goes on is a tanning dye guide only, your true tan will process for up to 12 to 24 hours. To give the DHA enough time to fully set, it is recommended to wait a minimum of 4 hours after a spray tanning session or 12 hours for optimal results. Showering sooner may diminish the intensity of the tan.
- Having multiple coats won’t make your tan darker or last longer. If your desire is a darker tan ask for a darker tanning solution. If you still want even darker and longer longevity come back the next day for a second coat and the DHAs will keep processing.
- Pat don’t rub, your skin dry to avoid rubbing your tan off.
- Wear nail polish or barrier cream so the tan won’t stain your nails.
- We provide G- strings which are optional if going tropical think about your bathing suit and where the tan lines will be if using underwear will spray tanning. Our tanning specialists are truly professional and discreet, so no need to worry.
- Leave your jewellery off while your tan is processing.
- Spray tans are completely safe to have while pregnant as they are made up of DHA. DHA is made up of sugar and over decades of its use, there have been no problems.
- Don’t be afraid to look tanned all too often we hear girls say they would like a natural tan, but your tan needs to have some depth, you don’t want to look like you haven’t even tanned after the tan dye guide has washed off. Our staff are experienced to guide you with this.
On the day of your spray tan
- After having your spray tan do not get any water, moisturisers, deodorant, perfumes, lotions etc of any kind on your skin until after you have had your first shower.
- Avoid exercise on the day of your tan as sweating will make your spray tan run until your first shower.
- Swimming and spas are fine with a spray tan but will reduce the life of your tan (obviously only after your tan has processed and you’ve had your first shower).
- Wear baggy loose fitting dark coloured clothes to your tan visit to avoid rubbing while your tan is processing, we also advise to not wear a bra while your tan is processing.
How long will my tan last?
In general, your spray tan will last around a week (5 to 10 days) but it will start to gradually fade before this time. This is because the skin will naturally continue to regenerate itself and old skin cells will be sloughed away to reveal paler skin beneath.
How long do you have to wait to shave after a spray tan?
Waxing and shaving exfoliates the skin, so it should be done one day prior to your spray tan. You can shave after your spray tan but note that it will fade your tan faster. Waxing will fade your tan even faster than shaving.
How long does it take for a spray tan to show?
The entire process takes approximately 15 minutes, you will begin to see results around 2-4-hour mark, the solution will continue to develop up to 12-24 hours after your session.
Why would I have a spray tan?
- Ball season
- To blend out strap marks from a summer tan
- Weddings, giving you and your bridesmaids a beautiful glow
- Body building
- New Partner? feel confident look hot!
- Tropical holiday
- Blend skin blemishes
- Disguise cellulite
- Healthy glow
- Look Beautiful
At V for Hair and Beauty all our services and retail purchases earn V$ rewards including spray tanning. Our Early Bird Club (half price beauty services) is available on this service. We have our spray tan concession card Five tans and your sixth is FREE* *doesn’t include early bird or promotions.
After all, We don’t just do hair “We do Beautiful”
Let us look after your spray tanning needs you will be in expert hands.