By Master Stylist Vicki Ogden-O’Fee
New season here we come, here are some key fashion trends for summer 2021. This season has something for everyone. Hair is style with turbans and scarves, cotton prints, florals and blazers feature in clothes, classic and classy is the look for shoes while bags are embellished and stylish.
Head scarves are the “Old – New”
Taking inspiration from the 50s and the 60s, this sleek fashion trend is coming back in a big way. Headscarves add a finishing touch to your outfit without overdoing it. Choose from a silky design with floral motifs or intricate patterns or keep it simple with bold colours. When styling this accessory, you can wrap the fabric in a turban style, have it hanging off the back of your head – mix things up by wrapping it around your neck or let it dangle from your bag. Channelling your inner Grace Kelly has never been easier with this classic go-to look.
How to wear your head scarf:
- Bold and bright to accentuate your outfit.
- In your colour palette so your skin glows.
- Head scarves can dress and outfit up for the races or down for a casual weekend lunch.
- Head scarves come free flowing that you can tie your way or tied like a headband turban.
Dress code summer 2021
Oversized Shoulder Pad Boyfriend Jackets – Create a long line silhouette and play with shapes with an 80s-inspired oversized boyfriend blazer. With the help of shoulder pads, this outerwear cinches in your waist and elongates your legs. Rock this look with a pair of straight-leg trousers or tailored shorts for an ultra-modern style – colours that suit this trend are powder blue, charcoal, and neutrals. You can easily dress this up or down for an effortlessly chic aesthetic.
Folk Inspired, go all out this season with these beautiful and intricate folk-inspired tunics and caftans add some layers of delicate embroidery anglaise to keep your outfit hot or if you are game add in a matching turban to complete the look. This trend is easy to style and looks fantastic on everybody type.
As we approach summer 2021 here are some key on trend fashion must haves–
- Oversized blazer, boyfriend jackets.
- Bright cotton print dresses and duster coats.
- Florals are still big this season.
- Versatile caftans.
- Gingham prints and embroidery anglaise are back!
- Chambray is starting to reappear as well.
- Monochromatic prints.
Shoes trends into summer 2021
Shoes are the perfect fashion accessory to change up any outfit. Flat shoes are making a come back this season, but they are still very stylish. Having shoes in your wardrobe that cover the basic colour range means you can mix and match.
A good selection of summer shoes is –
- A bright pair in your favourite colour
- Metallic is big, silver, and soft gold shoes go with most outfits.
- Loafers are seeing a resurgence this season, in lots of colours, not only stylish but super comfortable
- A statement pair of soes such as leopard print.
- Wedges are still here and feature patterned heels.
- Classic and classy is the look for shoes.
Handbags – fringing and chain on bags plus adding colour –
When it is time to make a statement, let your handbag do the talking. This season, some of the biggest looks we will see emerging are fringing, chain straps, metallics, bucket bags and shaped handbags. – these designs are eye catching and keep you feeling chic. For a classic feel, choose dark hues like brown or black, but if you want to stand out from the others, take a dip into bold shades like red or green.
Adding a pop of patterned blue, flint, or cool grey to your bags to mix things up, when styling these opt for a base colour and the accentuate. The blue hue will stand out amongst the deeper shades. Mix and match your accessories and discover a new way to rock your key pieces.
Follow our facebook page to find out about our discounts and special offers.