By Master Stylist Vicki Ogden-O’Fee
Mindset, fashion, and exfoliation, what do these things have in common, you may ask? They are all ways that you can uplift YOU!
This week I am writing on things that have inspired me lately. I love to pass on anything new I read, hear, or see that is exciting and motivating. It may be of use to you, or maybe not but I really believe in sharing good vibes and we each take from things what we need or is relevant to us. So here are my latest reads, fashion for fall and body exfoliation tips.
I use Audible for listening to these books, but they are online and instore in hardcopy as well.
Think Like a Monk ~ Train your mind for peace and purpose every day. By Jay Shetty
If you need motivational mindset, here is the book for you. I just loved it, it is very thought provoking and puts lots of daily life things in perspective.
The aim of Think Like a Monk is to help individuals apply a monk mindset to their lives. Think Like a Monk shows you how to clear the roadblocks to your potential by overcoming negative thoughts, accessing stillness, and creating true purpose. It can be challenging to apply the lessons of monks to busy lives.
GUTFULL ~ What to eat for a happy gut. By Dr Joanna McMillan
This was such a good book for all round health tips. It has really got me thinking about whole clean foods and diversity of foods is so important for our overall health and wellbeing.
We know that gut health is important. Dr Joanna McMillan cuts through the nonsense, bust the myths and misconceptions and translates the extraordinary emerging science of the gut and the gut-brain link, that explains just how your food choices impact your health and happiness.
Fashion and style inspiration for 2021
Here is a little style inspiration for the coming season, what is hot for fall/autumn 2021? This season see some varied looks and the come back of some old favourites. A tip from m is to take everything out of your wardrobe and put the items back you love but pair them up with something you would not usually wear together. Don’t keep items for “good” feel good all the time and “wear” the items in your wardrobe.
- Structure in clothes, this helps to make a statement and be a showstopper.
- Shoulder pads are back.
- Oversized blazers still feature this season.
- Chevron checks
- Tassels on skits, pants, and jackets.
- Floral blouses.
- Abstract patterns.
- Tulle skirts.
- Bomber jackets.
- Head scarves and matching face masks.
- Baggy jeans make a resurgence.
- Ankle boots, sneakers all colours and coloured courts are where shoes are at.
- Patterned pants with wide cuffs.
Exfoliation tips ~ The benefits of a body scrub
Get your skin glowing, this is a very easy way to give yourself a boost, invigorate your skin and feel amazing. We use and recommend Pure Fiji Coconut crush, Pure Fiji Sugar rub and Grounded body scrubs.
Exfoliation is KEY to maintaining beautiful skin. There are so many benefits of body scrub, plus it just feels nice to pamper yourself every now and then. Once you learn how to use body scrub the right way, you will quickly become addicted to your smooth and silky skin!
- Removes dead skin cells that have collected on the surface.
- Promotes clearer and softer skin.
- Helps to prevent those painful ingrown hairs.
- The oils make the hair softer making hair removal easier.
- Your moisturizer will absorb better on fresh skin.
- Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Can help minimize the appearance of large pores.
- Works wonders for keratosis pilaris (aka chicken skin)
- Keep razor bumps at a minimum.
- Gives you lusciously smooth skin.
Amazing right?! Who is ready for a bath?
Follow our facebook page to find out about our discounts and special offers.